KateMedia cannot stand by and do nothing while the whole world is facing a new reality. We remain hopeful and optimistic, as we believe that things will definitely get better in the near future. In the meantime, our team is diligently working from home, integrating with our partners and continuing to make sure that the KateTablet terminal is fully adapted to the needs of the post COVID world.
There are different scenarios that might play out when the quarantine is over. Despite all the anguish and instability of the current situation, we are certain our device will attract more guests and make their restaurant experience even better than ever before.
- KateTablet will help to reduce the amount of face2face contact with waiters and service personnel, making your restaurant more alluring to guests, as they will feel safe visiting you.
- Guests may prefer to order on-demand, using our devices rather than touching large surface area paper menus.
- Depending on internal restaurant rules, all devices are adapted for cleaning and disinfecting. KateTablet has a flat and splash-proof screen which is very easy to clean unlike push-button and rubber ones. It won’t take a lot of time for waiters to wipe a table, as well as the device.
- Each device will show a pop-up window where the customer can see the update for their table, i.e. that it is disinfected and ready for use.
- There may be a need to reduce service personnel to minimize face2face contact since communication with waiters will be limited to serving dishes. This will also lead to cost saving when it comes to hiring staff.
- Some guests may look for contactless payment options, such as tapping to pay with their mobile wallet or NFC card. That is precisely what KateTablet was designed for (among other things of course).
- KateTablet is extremely well designed. Based on PCI PTS tests our terminal can pass a drop test from a height of 1m.
- Finally, KateTablet will also help with cost optimization as it provides a more shielded environment for the customer and more customers will want to dine at your venue.
We all know that eventually, the coronavirus situation will get back to normal. No, we cannot prevent the health crisis, however, we can move on, be open with our clients and help them adapt to a new reality.
Only prepared and proactive brands will regain the love and trust of their customers. KateMedia will continue supporting and bringing only positive changes to the European restaurant business scene.
Remember, we’ll get through this together and make your POSition better!
Take care and stay safe.